SENHEISER AMBEO VR Mic
The new dimension of VR audio productions. Wasn’t it time VR audio became an equal partner to VR video? Enter the AMBEO® VR Mic: The new standard in 3D audio capture from Sennheiser lifting VR audio production to a new professional level. With the AMBEO® VR Mic you are able to seamlessly record sound that immerses the listener bringing them a whole new and highly emotional experience.
The elegantly designed AMBEO® VR Mic has been developed in cooperation with VR content producers and fine-tuned through an extensive creators’ program with participants from across the audio and VR communities. The mic caters exactly to the needs of VR content creators, letting you capture the experience and spirit of any location enabling the listener to be immersed as if they were there.
Experience a complete new audio dimension.
Capture the world in a new spatial way
The easy-to-use AMBEO® VR Mic is an ambisonic microphone fitted with four matched KE 14 capsules in a tetrahedral arrangement. This special design allows you to capture the sound that surrounds you from a single point. As a result you get fully spherical ambisonics sound to match your VR video/spherical 360 content.
Benefit from a design developed with you in mind
By means of the VR Creators Program Sennheiser made sure to involve the professionals of the industry in the realization of the AMBEO® VR Mic right from the beginning. Thus, we developed a comprehensive product package including many well-conceived accessories that allow for a smooth workflow ¬– not least the A-B encoder software that works as a plugin, which can be seamless embedded in your post-production process.
Ambisonics: Technology for you to shape the future of audio
The AMBEO® VR Mic works with ambisonics, a multi- channel technique that lets you spherically capture the sound arriving from all directions, at a single point in space. For playback this representation is rendered binaurally, allowing you to virtually rotate the orientation of the perspective in all directions, horizontally and vertically. Ambisonics is also supported by all of the major post-production and playback tools on the market today. This makes ambisonics the appropriate tool for Virtual Reality and all other applications involving 3D sound and interactively controlled audio. A tool to create new worlds of sound with.
Enjoy peace of mind with Sennheiser quality
With its history of 70 years as a trusted and innovative company, developing top-notch professional microphones with high-quality capsules, you are entitled to expect a lot from the Sennheiser brand: reliable, robust German-engineered products. Rest assured: We deliver – and also provide excellent customer support as well as a 2-years warranty with every product.
What's in the box?
- AMBEO VR Mic
- Balanced split cable 4x XLRs 3-pins
- Rycote suspension mount
- Foam wind shield
- Proprietary A-B format Encoder, available in VST and AAX plugins (Mac OS X and Windows)
- Dimensions: 215 x 49/25 mm (L x D)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. sound pressure level: 130 dB(A) for 1 kHz
- Transducer principle: Pre-polarized condenser microphone
- Weight: 400 g
- Microphone connector: DIN12M, use enclosed adapter cable to convert to 4x XLR3M Polarity: Pin1 (GND), Pin2 (+), Pin3 (-)
- Pick-up pattern: 4x cardioid, in A-format arrangement (1: front-left-up [FLU], 2: front-right-down [FRD], 3: back-left-down [BLD], 4: back-right-up [BRU])
- Nominal impedance: Approx. 200 Ω
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 Ω
- Storage temperature: -20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to 55 °C (14 °F to 131 °F)
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A as per IEC 61672-1 / 27 dB CCIR as per CCIR 468-3
- Power supply: 4x phantom powering (P48) as per IEC 61938 (48 ± 4 V), 7 mA each
- Sensitivity: 31 mV/Pa (-30 dBV)
- Operating relative humidity: Max 90% at 40 °C
- Matrix reference: Center of the capsule holder
- Mixing to B-format: W = FLU + FRD + BLD + BRU / X = FLU + FRD – BLD – BRU / Y = FLU – FRD + BLD – BRU / Z = FLU – FRD – BLD + BRU