RADIAL SB-15 Tailbone
The Radial Engineering StageBug SB-15 Tailbone Signal Buffer connects to the beginning of the signal chain and drives multiple pedals without the added noise that often plagues high-impedance circuits.
The signal received from the standard Hi-Z instrument input is corrected using Radial's Dragster load correction circuit to replicate the tone to make it feel as if it is directly connected to the amplifier. The signal is then buffered via a 100% discrete, class-A unity gain amplifier. The discrete design reduces the need for phase-cancelling negative feedback thereby producing a more natural and pleasing tone. Once buffered, the SB-15 lowers the impedance and susceptibility to hum and buzz caused by radio interference and electromagnetic fields. The SB-15 is then able to drive multiple pedals distances of 50' without noise.
The StageBug SB-15 Tailbone Signal Buffer is powered by a standard Boss-style 9V power supply (not included). When using a Tonebone pedal that requires 15V on your pedalboard, you can combine two 9V outputs from your power brick and the SB-15 will convert them to 15 VDC and provide the correct voltage polarity. The SB-15 delivers high-quality sound, reduces noise, and simplifies adding a high-end Tonebone to your pedalboard.
- Hi-Z 1/4" guitar input connects to a class-A buffer circuit
- 9 VDC In-1 provides power to the Tailbone class-A active buffer circuit
- 9 VDC In-2 is used with 9 VDC In-1 to increase input power so that the Tailbone can deliver 15V to a Tonebone pedal
- Enclosure is made from 14-gauge steel to protect sensitive internal electronics while shielding against magnetic fields
- 1/4" buffer output connects to pedals and amp, allowing longer cable run without noise (up to 50')
- 15 VDC, 400mA output designed to supply Tonebone pedals using two 9 VDC supplies as the power source
- Durable powder-coat finish
- Double-sided, military-grade circuit board features through-hole solder points for extra durability, and full-surface ground plane to reduce susceptibility to noise
- Stand-offs are made from steel and pressed into the outer casing to ensure proper retention of the circuit board
- Connectors made from glass-filled nylon are insulated for reduced noise and feature nickel-silver contacts that will not tarnish
- Dual potentiometer doubles up solder points for greater durability, and steel casing with steel shaft and retention nut does not bend when under stress
- Drag Control load correction adjusts the load on the pickup for a more natural sound and feel